Professor Trilok Chandra (Ph.D. in yoga) :
Professor Trilok Chandra (Ph.D. in yoga) is the founder head of Yoga Divine Life (YDL). Right form his childhood; he has a deep interest in spiritualism. In his early youth, he even became disciple of a yogi who had spent years meditating in the Himalayas. After graduating in science (B.Sc.) he did M.A. in Philosophy in 1973 from world famed Gurukul Kangri University in Haridwar (located in uttrakhand state). Subsequent to this, he got his Ph.D. in 1977 from Banaras Hindu University. His doctoral thesis was based on Patanjali Yoga and Sri Aurobindo Yoga disciplines.
As a Teacher
Professor Trilok Chandra worked as speaker, lecturer, reader and professor in ancient and world famed Gurukul Kangri University, Haridwar for about 32 years.
As a Mentor and Guide
During his period in Gurukul Kangri, Professor Trilok Chandra acted as a guide and mentor to 20 students who secured a Ph.D. in yoga and its allied disciplines. Working under his guidance remains a dream for the most students.
1) In 1975 while he was studying in Banaras Hindu University, he contributed significantly in establishing the Department of Yoga. While in Gurukul Kangri, he started various yoga courses in Gurukul Kangri and was the Director of the yoga Department for two and a half years.
2) He undertook yoga yatras (journeys) to Gangotri, Badrinath, Kedarnath, Joshimath, Uttarkashi and Rishikesh. All these centres are located in the mystical Himalayas which is considered the divine center for yoga. He also visited Pondicherry (Sri Aurobindo Ashram), Kanyakumari and Rameshwaram. These are centre of excellence in divine sciences.
3) Since he is a science graduate, he is in a better position to elaborate spiritualism of yoga in a scientific way. He deliveres lectures which carry spiritual aura and simultaneously hinge on scientific logic of cause and effect. Few of the institutions which were blessed to have him as speaker are: Shivanand Ashram, Yog Niketan Ashram, Ved Niketan Ashram, Omkarananda Ashram and Shri Aurobindo Ashram at Baroda, Delhi and Chandigarh. He delivered a chain of magnetic lectures in government institutions like CBRI (Roorki), BHEL (Haridwar), BEL (Kotdwar) and Dayanand Medical College (Ludhiana).
His lectures in corporate world on change process and transformational thinking have been highly appreciated. His thoughts on society, religion, moral values, character building and on ayurveda have mesmerized people from all walks of life.
4) For the past 33 years, he had been organizing yoga camps almost in all nooks and corners of the country. He has also been to the USA twice.
Research and Achievements
1) He has developed a technique which helps people easily to attain the finest state of meditation with the help of music. With this technique even a very mercurial person can easily attain the state of deep meditation.
2) With the help of yoga and music, Professor Trilok Chandra has evolved very effective techniques with the help of which one can get rid of addictions like smack, brown sugar, liquor and many other habit forming addictions.
3) All these programmes are also available in various CDs prepared by Professor Chandra.
4) Many of his students are imparting yoga education in India and abroad.
5) His analysis on various aspects of yoga were aired and televised on the channels of All India Radio (Delhi and Najibabad) and Doordarshan, Delhi (a state owned TV channel in India).