Welcome for yoga retreat with YOGA DIVINE LIFE in Rishikesh
Why Yoga Retreat
In todays busy world one does not has time for one self. He is too busy in his daily assignments that he has no time to give rest to his body and mind .He has no time to pray and even to eat properly . He is always surrounded by materials and the thoughts of achieve more materials ,fame and power.
He has forgotten the difference between happiness and entertainment .He has forgotten the ultimate goal of his life . He is under so much pressure and tension which make him said ,sick and unhappy physically and mentally .
Answer to all these problems can be achieved by YOGA RETREAT .
What is Yoga Retreat
- Yoga retreat is about self- discovery.
- It is doing yoga while holidaying .
- It takes you out of your daily life and immerse you into yoga practice .
- It helps you to break away from familiar routines .
- It gives a chance to remove you from your day to day life , heal you and reestablish you .You return home at peace at yourself and more confident .
- You become more authentic in your being .
- It gives you an active and mindful vacation which is a need for the soul .
- It takes you near nature and away from your daily sights , noise and other pollutions .
- It takes you away from your eating habits .
One may ask where to go for yoga retreat ? A beautiful place full of natural beauty is the correct answer and Rishikesh can be the best choice .
Rishikesh is located in the foothills of the Himalayas. It is known as the gateway to the Himalayas. It is also known as the world capital of yoga. City is situated at the bank of holy river Ganga. There are many world famed yoga centers and spiritual ashrams many prominent personalities such as swami Vivekananda, Swami Shivanada Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and may more have studied in these ashrams.
Many foreign personalities like the Beatles, John Lemmon, Mike love and Donovan have visited Maharishi Mahesh yogis’ ashram. The Beatles composed nearly 48 songs during their stay at Maharishi’s ashram. Thousands of people round the world came here to learn yoga and do meditation. Rishikesh is also very famous for water rafting, hiking bungee jumping. It has many beautiful and worth seeing places near and around Rishikesh. It is the entry point to the Char Dham. (The four main centers of pilgrimage in uttrakhand) .
Rishikesh is 245 km from Dehli and 25 km from Haridwar .It is hot in April ,may and June cold in December and January and pleasant in rest of the year .
Holidaying activities other than Yoga
- Camping at river side –Here you stay in camps on the sand at the bank of Ganga .Camps are with proper bedding ,neat and hygienic Indian / western toilets and electricity round the clock.
- Buffet vegetarian ( satvik ) meals are served . Bonfire and barbeque are also there .
- River rafting ,cliff jumping, rock climbing, trekking and many more.
- Games like volleyball , cricket etc. can be on the sand .
Places to visit in and around Rishikesh
There are many ancient temples and Ashrams with legendry stories with them .Many ancient Rishis and Yogis did meditation in caves and jungles in and around Rishikesh .
Chilla wildlife sanctuary
–It is spread in 240 sq kms and is a part of Rajaji National Park ( 820 sq kms ) . It has a dense forest with many wild animals like elephants and beautiful birds in it.
Neelkantha Mahadev temple –
It is around 32 kms from the city and at a height of 1330 mts .It is a temple associated with Lord Shiva .
-It is around 70 km from Rishikesh .The confluence point of River Alakhnanada and River Bhagirthi to form GANGA. It is only from Deoprayag that the sacred river Ganga starts. It is about 2700 ft above sea level .
- It is considered as one of the 108 most important temples in India .
– A temple associated with Goddess Durga .It is 27km from Rishikesh and a height of 1600 mts . One can have breath taking views of Himalayas , Rishikesh and Haridwar from here .
- A very famous and popular hill station known as Queen of hills is 70 km from Rishikesh .Thousands of tourist visit Mussorie every day .
Capital of yoga
Rishikesh also has an international feel . There are always many foreign tourists present so there are many chilled out cafes serving western food . It is not very crowded like many other holy places in India .
* Fee Includes:
- Accomodation with attached bathroom
- Three vegetarian meals for day
- Tea (Morning & Evening )
- Yoga classes and massage
- Two days outing(Traekking/River rafting,local sight seeing and ganga arti)
Please note that Rishikesh is totally a vegetarian ( not even eggs) and non alcoholic city .
Please Contact us